Departmental Fleet Coordinator Responsibilities
Departmental Fleet Coordinators oversee the departmental vehicle activities that are included in the University System of Maryland Fleet Management Policies and Procedures and are responsible for the dissemination of information and the collection of vehicle data.
Each Departmental Fleet Coordinator:
- Implements departmental vehicle activities consistent with policies and procedures developed by the Institutional Fleet Coordinator in order to promote safe, cost-effective, and appropriate operation of departmental vehicles
- Disseminates vehicle and safety information to drivers
- Collects, reviews, and maintains information such as monthly vehicle usage reports, quarterly personal mileage reports, etc.
- Provides reports, as requested, to the Institutional Fleet Coordinator
- Provides departmental drivers with University Driving Rules and maintains record of written acknowledgement by drivers
- Conducts periodic driving record review
- Assures departmental compliance with timely accident and vehicle damage reporting requirements, vehicle safety inspections, and emissions inspections
- Coordinates communication with the Institutional Fleet Coordinator
- Assures departmental compliance with University travel policy as it pertains to vehicle travel (e.g., Travel Approval Request)