|Travel Guidance for COVID-19||
Travel Guidance for Students and Families regarding Coronavirus and International Travel|
If you are having trouble or concerns about complying with the March 23 departure deadline, please direct questions to email@example.com. so we can work to get you a reply as quickly as possible.
Advice from UMD Procurement and Travel
For all changes to existing return airline tickets including changes in return destination airports, flight dates, flight times please take the following steps:
Please note: Travel Agencies are unable to make changes to existing airline tickets they did not book. They can assist with booking new one-way flights and in providing guidance on canceling a ticket should that be required. They can also step you through the ticket change process should you need assistance.
- If the ticket was booked through a Travel Agency, contact the Travel Agency for assistance.If the ticket was booked directly with the airline (phone or online):
- Locate your booking confirmation number.
- Call or go online and use the booking confirmation number to locate your reservation.
- If online, follow the instructions to change the ticket. Additional costs may be required based on availability. Flight dates can only be changed if there is available capacity with the airline the original ticket is booked with.
- If there is no availability with the original airline: contact one of the University's travel agencies for assistance and guidance in arranging for, and purchasing, a new one-way ticket with an available airline. They can provide guidance on the best way to cancel the previously booked ticket.
- Be ready: Have a credit card available for payment, and all required TSA information which includes Passport Number, Date of Birth, Name of Passenger as written on the passport, contact telephone numbers, and an email address to deliver the itinerary and confirmation information.
University of Maryland Travel Agencies and Contact Information
The University Travel Agencies provide dedicated telephone lines for assisting University travelers. Please note that call volumes are heavy and there may be wait times.
International Airline links containing important information related to ticket changes and coronavirus
Additional assistance available at
University of Maryland Travel Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-405-0607.
- Globetrotter Travel Management Services
- Globetrotter will monitor all emails and calls every hour
- M-F, 8:00-5:00 call 866-235-5467 or 301-570-0800
- Globetrotter after-hours support (outside of M-F 8:00-5:30)
- Calling from an international city: 1-301-570-0800, extension 118
- Calling from within the United States: 1-866-235-5467, extension 118.
- EMAIL our team at email@example.com your specific needs and contact information.
- Omega World Travel, Inc. - dedicated agents available to handle calls 24/7
- Call 800-285-6342- let them know this is related to return travel assistance for a UMD student
- Travel Leaders Corporate
- Call 800-333-2115 - let them know this is related to return travel assistance for a UMD student
Hours of Operation: M-F, 8:00-5:00
Per President Trump’s Proclamation, those traveling from the Schengen Area countries, which includes 26 countries in Europe, will have additional travel restrictions.
**Please confirm that your return flight is booked into an approved airport for your point of entry to the U.S.**
- Any U.S. citizen or lawful U.S. permanent resident returning to the United States who has traveled to one of the Schengen Area countries within the previous 14 days must enter the United States through an approved airport:
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)
- Detroit (DTW)
- Newark (EWR)
- Honolulu (HNL)
- Miami (MIA)
- New York-JFK (JFK)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Chicago-O’Hare (ORD)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington-Dulles (IAD)
- Foreign nationals who have traveled to one of the Schengen Area countries within the last 14 days will be denied permission to travel to the United States.