Provost and VPAF Guidance (07/24/2020)
Dear Campus Community,
The university follows the guidance of the U.S. Department of State, the federal government Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the
Governor and State of Maryland Department of Health, regarding travel during the global coronavirus pandemic.
Due to the continuing threat of the coronavirus pandemic, effective until further notice, the following restrictions extend previous guidance for all university-related travel for faculty, staff and students, including any travel that has been previously approved. University-related travel is travel for educational, research or business purposes tied to the
traveler's affiliation with the university regardless of funding source.
- Use caution and judgment when considering any travel.
- University-related international travel is not permitted (i.e. will not be authorized or reimbursed using university controlled funds).
- All personal international travel is strongly discouraged.
- University-related, non-essential, out-of-state domestic travel is not permitted (i.e. will not be authorized or reimbursed using university controlled funds).
- Out-of-state travel related to a regular commute is permitted.
- Deans and Vice Presidents have authority to determine what travel will be deemed essential and to address other related questions.
Thank you for your adherence to these guidelines.
Mary Ann Rankin
Senior Vice President and Provost
Vice President for Administration and Finance